Advantech’s COM Express Type 6 SOM-6883 Delivers Excellent Graphics and AI Performance to Ultrasound Devices
Effective ultrasound systems accelerate diagnosis, and help doctors make better, quicker treatment decisions. To this end, ultrasound machines require extreme processing performance and graphics rendering to enhance diagnostic accuracy, and instantly acquire precise images. Analogously, easily moveable is also required to accommodate changing medical scenarios and trends, especially when treating patients with limited mobility or travel/movement restrictions caused by COVID-19.
High-end ultrasound usually leverages FPGA, graphics cards, or AI accelerator modules to enable high computing and graphics performance, so the system design is complicated and cause higher cost with additional GPU or VPU engine integration. Moreover, because of pursuing extreme performance, these systems will inevitably encounter heat dissipation issues. In normal applications, cooling solutions address these issues. However, the modern and stylish ultrasound machines have limited space for cooling solutions and even request quiet in the hospital environment.
- Additional hardware/software integration costs yield high development expenses
- Despite space restrictions, these solutions necessitate highly-reliable to deliver accurate and timely service for healthcare
- Common thermal modules, being too large for compact devices and too noisy for use in medical environments — are ill fitted to mobile ultrasound solutions
Excellent Performance SOM-6883 and QFCS Technology
Not only breakthrough performance, this model supports DDR4 memory down, and super speed PCIe Gen4 (16GT/s), USB 4 Type-C interface, and other advanced I/O to create a slimmer, vibration resistant characteristic for customers’ system design. In sum, Advantech’s compact (95 x 95 mm/3.74 x 3.74 in) SOM-6883 board is an ideal solution for ultrasound machines.Advantech’s Solution
Advantech’s patented thermal solution, the QFCS thermal solution, is compatible with Intel® strain gauge standards. This silent, slim, and light solution efficiently dissipates CPU heat, and is easily adaptable to customer needs. When paired with SOM-6883, the compact 26 mm (1.02 in) QFCS delivers excellent performance with a minimal noise level (45dB) and is suitable for applications in medical environments.
Advantech uses hardware and software design-in services to deliver innovative products to medical applications. We are committed to helping customers adapt to AIoT while reducing their time-to-market.
[SOM-6883] COM Express R 3.0 Type 6 Compact Module
- Powerful 28W low-power consumption 11th Gen. Intel® Core™ 4 core processors
- Excellent graphics and AI via Intel® iRIS Xe Graphics G7 96 EUs
- Low profile board with anti-vibration memory down design
- Four independent 4K displays (up to two 8K)
- Configurable USB 4 Type-C slim I/O, and Thunderbolt
- Super Speed I/O expansion: PCIe Gen4 (16GT/s), USB 3.2 Gen2 (10Gbps), 2.5GbE Slim, quiet QFCS thermal solution